Have you received your tax evaluation for 2023? Did your property taxes go way up? Not sure what to do?
Here are some quick facts!
- The deadline for protesting your Notice of Valuation is June 8th, 2023. Essential to submit your appeal before this date.
- The Assessor suggests submitting your appeal via Email to [email protected]. You can also submit it via mail, in-person at the Breckenridge Assessor's office, or by using the online filing protest application here.
- Key Points when Submitting:
- Only Appeal using ONE of the above four methods.
- Agents CANNOT Appeal online.
- Appeals must be received or postmarked by June 8th, 2023
- You are encouraged to make an appointment to chat with an appraiser or to call or email them.
- Important Resources:
- Access your property information Here! You will need your 'Schedule Number', which can be found on your Notice of Valuation.
- Here is the link for additional Resources on Time Adjusted Models and Reappraisal Sales Lists.
- Important Dates:
- June 30th, 2022: Appraisel Date. This is the date all properties were adjusted within the model, as in the final day of the date collection period.
- January 1st, 2023: Assessment Date. Properties are assessed as they exsist on this date of each tax year.
- 7/1/2017 - 6/30/2022: Data Collection Period. Summit County uses a 5-year data collection period for more accurate creation of regression models.
- 5/1/2023 - 6/8/2023: Assessor Appeal Period. The period in which property owners may file appeals, with June 8th being the FINAL submittal deadline.
Do you have more questions? Need Comparables in your area for your appeal?
Give us a call at (970) 468-6800