Time to break out the skis!
We at Summit Real Estate recently attended a breakfast that was hosted by the COO's (the big dogs!) of all the local ski resorts. It's an annual event and the information they provide is always very interesting and fun! Here's a recap for you:
- Our economic outlook is very good and we should begin to enjoy early season visitors and the visitations will remain strong throughout the year.
- Most of the areas have major capital projects that are nearing completion:
- Loveland will be unveiling warming facilities on the mountain with operational toilets -- yea! As well as a 3600 sq ft addition to their base lodge!
- A-Basin is hurrying to complete an expansion of not only their new base area- the restaurant called "The 6th Alley", but new terrain as well. They will be expanding the Beavers area in the next few years.
- Copper has been working hard to create the best place for our Sochi Olympic team to practice early season -- and they have introduced "Sherpa" -- a mobile device app that gives you real time, on mountain, tips for finding new snow, the lodges, and secret powder stashes. Debuts Nov 1 for iPhone users - check it out!
- Keystone continues their emphasis on family skiing -- even designating an area as a "family ski zone" with an entire ski trail for families and family parking.
- Breck is, of course, working on the Peak 6 expansion including new lifts, new warming hut, new patrol hut, and awesome skiing -- for a preview watch this. Turn your speakers up and get ready to feel goosebumps! The video is AWESOME!
See you on the slopes!