Strategies For Improved Time Management
This week, I am in a very fun city - San Diego - speaking at a national real estate conference- Star Power. One of the topics I'm presenting on is "Choice Management"....managing choices in order to optimize time. As a working mom, there are never enough hours in the day, so this topic resonates with me.
Here is a list of Time Management Skills that I came across- see if any of these might help make your day more efficient - and fun!
STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVED TIME MANAGEMENT
- Put your goals in writing
- Set priorities
- Make a daily "to do" list
- Work from your "to do" list
- Do first things first - start with the high priority items on your list
- Each time you handle a piece of paper, do something to move it along
- Have a place for everything and keep everything in its place
- Learn how you spend your time by periodically auditing your time usage with a time log
- Accept interruptions as part of your job, but keep them short
- Assert your right to control your time by saying "NO"
- Resist distractions
- Reorganize your work area to maximize your efficiency
- Look for new techniques to make you more effective and efficient
- Turn a crisis into an opportunity - try new ideas and methods
- Plan daily, weekly, and monthly
- Set deadlines for yourself and meet them
- Differentiate between urgent tasks and important tasks
- Keep it simple
- Don't postpone difficult tasks
- Make definite appointments; confirm them and keep them
- Make a special effort to get what you want out of the first hour of the day
- Do your most important work during your high energy periods
- Identify and systematically eliminate time wasters
- Focus on being "effective" (doing the right things) before being "efficient"
And Here's Your Morning Coffee!
Post a Comment