Is it worth it to remodel?
Happy Tuesday Morning to YOU!
It's spring and lots of us get the urge to purge and spruce up our surroundings.
Spring time = Spring Cleaning!
Where should you spend your $$? Take a look at some of these sources from the National Associaton of Realtors for some ideas on what pays off and what is best left undone.
Field Guide to Remodeling
What remodeling job has the best return on investment? Where should you start when remodeling an older home? New resources are becoming available and even more important during these times. The home remodeling industry has enjoyed even more growth and will reach new heights in the future. You can't afford to miss this Field Guide if you're planning a home improvement or restoration project. (D. Winchester, Information Specialist)
Selected 2013-2014 Cost vs. Value Report Statistics - Average Nationwide Return on Investment:
Deck addition – 87.4%
Major kitchen remodel – 63.6%
Bathroom remodel – 63.6%
New roof – 63.0%
Basement Remodel – 77.6%
Source: 2014 Cost vs Value Report, (REALTOR® Magazine, Jan. 2014). Check this one for more specific, location-centric info!
Return on Investment- 10 articles that can help!
- Best Remodeling Bang For Your Buck, (DailyFinance, Mar. 6, 2014).
- Homeowners choose to remodel, expect to recoup investments, (Rochester Business Journal, Feb. 28, 2014).
- Money tips for home remodeling, (MarketWatch, Jan. 27, 2014).
- 2013-2014 Cost vs Value Report, (REALTOR® Magazine, Jan 2014).
- 4 Renovations That Will Devalue Your Home, (Money, Jan. 20, 2011).
- Remodeling projects pay off, especially a tax-friendly new door, (Wallet Pop, Apr. 23, 2010).
- Remodeling Projects That Pay Off, (Wall Street Journal, Jan. 23, 2010).
- Why Homeowners are Raising the Roof, (Wall Street Journal, Oct. 28, 2009).
- Five Home Renovations That Pay Off, (moneywatch.com, Oct. 15, 2009).
- Kitchen face-lifts for the frugal, (Money, June 25, 2007).
Happy spring cleaning/purging/remodeling/sprucing! If you own property in Summit County, and would like some suggestions on what changes you could make to maximize the value of your property, just let us know! We are experts at staging your home to sell, maximizing your rentals or just enjoying more!
221 BUFFALO DR
This one has that "tucked in the woods" feeling with Lake views and is just a few minutes to town and great skiing. Low expenses with this roomy condo that is adjacent to open space - trails nearby! Lovely place with cozy fireplace and W/D in unit. ...